With over a decade of experience in higher education, I have found that technology changes constantly and it is important to integrate technology into the classroom and other learning environments. I am dedicated to learning more about technology and reaching people where they are instead of waiting for them to come to us. By learning how to develop online instruction, simulations, and virtual reality, the delivery of information can extend beyond four walls of a room.
As an Instructional Design and Educational Technology graduate student, I developed creative ways to engage students, with a special emphasis on the transition and first semester. Through online interactions and visualizations, potential Islanders and their families should experience the Island University at their fingertips.
During the duration of the Instructional Design and Educational Technology degree, courses allowed me to:
- Design instructional videos in Adobe Captivate
- Re-design the Blackboard course for a five-week summer bridge at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Identify a real client and design a technology integration application for students that need reading comprehension assistance
- Assist the Math Department at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi with modifications to Blackboard and delivery of instruction
- Present with two math faculty at the Digital Symposium Spring Fall 2019
- Create an interactive e-book with Adobe InDesign
As a student in the doctoral educational leadership program, I plan to use my academic and professional foundation to assist me in identifying a need that has yet to be fully explored related to faculty enrichment and the connection to student engagement.